WARRANTY & SUPPORT TERMS / FAQ
Depending on what you purchase, your warranty period and coverage may vary. Averna’s proposal or quotation will contain the details of what is included with your purchase to help guide you. Extended warranty options may be available. Contact us to learn more.
In all cases, warranty only covers parts and labor. Travel and living expenses resulting from warranty and support work will always be borne by the customer.
How Long Does My Product or Custom-Designed System Warranty Last?
Product Warranty Period
Generally, Averna’s Product warranty is for a period of twelve (12) months from date of shipment. Any repair or corrections pursuant to the applicable warranty will be covered for a period of one (1) month following correction or the remainder of the applicable warranty period. Certain Averna Products also include 12 months of remote support. For details, please see Averna’s Standard Customer Warranty & Support Policy.
Custom-Designed System Warranty Period
Generally, Averna’s warranty for Custom-Designed Systems is for a period of three (3) months from the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) or the Site Acceptance Test (SAT), as applicable, or 60 days after the date of shipment, whichever comes first. Any repairs or corrections pursuant to the applicable warranty will be covered for a period of one (1) month following correction or the remainder of the applicable warranty period.
What Is Covered by the Averna Warranty?
Averna provides a 12-month warranty on all its manufactured hardware. Third-party manufactured hardware is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, which usually takes effect upon reception of the material at Averna’s facility. As a service to our customers, during the applicable warranty period granted by Averna, we will coordinate with the manufacturer for the replacement or repair of defective parts, in alignment with and subject to the manufacturer’s warranty period and terms. Beyond this period, Averna will transfer the remainder of the warranty, if applicable.
Averna warrants that custom software developed by Averna will substantially conform to the most recent agreed-upon specifications. Averna does not warrant that the software will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Assembly and Workmanship
Averna warrants that its Products and Custom-Designed Systems, under normal use, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the applicable warranty period.
Averna’s warranty above is express and exclusive, and is made in lieu of implied warranties of any kind, including warranty of design, merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
How Do Warranty Requests Work?
All warranty requests should be logged via Averna’s Customer Support Web portal and will be responded to on a best-effort basis, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm local time, excluding local holidays, all in accordance with Averna’s Standard Customer Warranty & Support Policy.
The Averna warranty is non-transferable.
Once your warranty or remote support has expired, Averna has other service offerings to suit your needs. For custom service packages, please contact your Averna Sales representative.
What Is Excluded from the Averna Warranty?
- Travel and living expenses incurred by Averna for performing warranty work on-site.
- Consumable and expendable components as well as normal wear and tear.
- Defects resulting from improper installation or care, lack of training, modifications, neglect, misuse or usage contrary to the specifications or the operating instructions provided by Averna, unauthorized repairs or maintenance, virus introduction, damage during transportation, or any cause other than normal use of the Product or Custom-Designed System.
- Defects found in or caused by third-party software, components and/or services.
- Defects attributable to environmental conditions or a change in conditions that is detrimental or hazardous to the operation of the Product or Custom-Designed System.
- Defects attributable to failure to complete software or hardware updates stipulated by Averna.
- Changes to the device under test, such as hardware, firmware or specifications.
- System configuration and calibration, adjustment of parameters carried out in order to meet performance criteria, maintenance, troubleshooting and/or guaranteed response times.
- Troubleshooting, analysis and diagnosis of any equipment and/or software not supplied and/or delivered by Averna as part of the system.
Any warranty or support requests that do not result in a covered warrantied defect as the root cause will result in time and material charges at the current Averna rates. Out-of-scope requests may be addressed through Averna’s other service offerings or on a time and materials basis.
What Additional Support and Services Does Averna Offer?
In addition to Averna’s Standard Customer Warranty & Support Policy, we offer other service packages, such as:
Other available services include:
- Preventative maintenance
- On-site support & repairs
- Installation & integration services
For more information, please contact your Averna Sales representative.
Averna Support Options for Our Custom Solutions
Tailored support plans to suit your needs and budget.
Call us when you require remote or onsite
assistance with quick turnarounds.
Draw from a bank of hours for crunches or
specific needs with tailored response times.