PROTOTYPING AND TEST CONSULTING SERVICES
Minimize Risks &
Don’t cut corners on the path to quality. We are experts in Design for Test (DFT), Design for Manufacturing (DFM), agile development, prototyping and standards/best practices in many industries. Speak to our prototyping and consulting services experts to ensure you make the right decisions and investments at the start of your project.
FEASIBILITY STUDIES & TEST SPECS
Considering a Vision Inspection or Machine Vision solution? Want to know how much cycle time or throughput will improve if you upgrade your test equipment? Let’s work together to ensure the best strategy, product results and return on investment (ROI).
Tap into our extensive experience designing and building development test systems and smart fixtures. Because we work with many innovative product designers and OEMs early in the lifecycle, we can quickly validate your evolving product’s features and performance.
Go from Product Design to Prototype Fast
Need experts to implement your software design in FPGA-based hardware? Want quick proof-of-concept (POC) success? Using National Instruments’ FPGA-driven COTS hardware and our extensive NI platform experience, we quickly develop cost-effective prototypes that accelerate product schedules and significantly lower project risk. Use our NI FPGA-based expertise for any industry including life sciences, big physics, automotive, consumer products, and aerospace & defense.
Our Agile Prototyping
Gives You Flexibility
Is your product design changing quickly? Do you need an agile team quickly produce test equipment for validation? We design and assemble test systems and modular fixtures/nests to test rapidly changing technology. Plus, we’re experts at building in design-change provisions to keep in step with your team – ensuring that when you finalize your product, we’re right there with a comprehensive test solution.
Consider a Spec Checkup
We regularly help clients define, develop and finalize test specs and user requirements. Even if your test or user requirement specs are complete, consider having our experts take a second look! A missed technical spec or a usability/assembly flaw can cost you greatly at the NPI or manufacturing stage.
When it comes to Test & Quality, consult the experts.
For over 20 years we have led the industry with innovative solutions to the most-challenging technical, quality and throughput problems.
Feasibility Studies and
Here are just some of the typical questions we regularly answer for clients:
VISION INSPECTION & MACHINE VISION
- Can your solution spot defects not visible to the human eye?
- Is it as good as or better than the sharpest human operator?
- What processing speed can be attained/maintained?
- How accurate is computer vision (can we achieve zero defects)?
- How do you identify and sort/eliminate defective products?
- How would your system become smarter over time?
ELECTRONICS & MEASUREMENT
- How would your test system interface with our product/system?
- How does interference/environment influence the system behavior?
- What accuracy and speed can be achieved?
- How compact can an Averna solution be?
- Under what conditions can our system still reliably operate?
- How can we optimize power consumption?
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS & SENSORS
- What is the ideal processor controller setup to meet technical specs and budget constraints?
- What is the most effective measurement technique?
- How does sensor behavior affect my measurements?
- How many sensors will be needed?
- How can I synchronously acquire sensor data?
MECHANICS & ROBOTICS
- What forces are exerted in the machine or product?
- What design or material can withstand the force requirements?
- What speed or positioning accuracy can be achieved?
- What is the expected lifetime of a system or component?
- How will wear influence the system’s performance?
- Can a robot complete the requested movement path to keep up with the production line?